Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Illustration Friday - Free (Falling)


I guess by calling this "Free Falling" it fits into the category of "Free" for this week. It's been a busy stressful couple of weeks for me designing ads at work in preparation of the Thanksgiving holiday tomorrow. Usually I will have an idea or an inkling of what I want to do, but this week when I finally had the time to sit down and draw I had no clue where to start. So I decided just to do some free sketching and draw whatever came to mind. And this falling bird/angel woman was one of the things that appeared. I'm really pretty happy with how this turned out, since last week I threw my entry together half assed and It shows. As always your comments for this week are more than welcome!

5 comments:

carla said...

This is awesome! I really like the way the body's twisting and the feathers are flying around...it totally gives the feeling of a free fall. The lightning makes me think of the "bad" angels ejected from heaven, so I guess if one wanted to get religious about it...well, the free fall wouldn't end up being about freedom. Whatever it all means, this is a solid and captivating illo...great composition and colors and a skillfull figure drawing. Have a happy Thanksgiving:>

flossy-p said...

I love the pose, it's the twist and the arm at a strange angle, you can feel the loss of self control: overwhelmed by a stronger force. A fall from grace. It's beautiful in that tragic way.

Jaimie said...

beautiful rendering of the body contours and the wings.
lovely

Ellen said...

You did a lovely job on the illo! I hope things are getting better for you now that Thanksgiving is almost over. Don't forget no matter how bad things get...it could be worse!

Anonymous said...

It turned out great! I like how the body repeats the shape of the ligtning!